Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Tuesday!...Speaking of which...

Happy Tuesday everyone. I know that's not the most common greeting, but I have a friend that does that for pretty much every week day, so I've gotten used to it. I love Tuesdays for many reasons, but nothing really happens on Tuesday most of the time. However, Tuesdays mean Taco Tuesdays, which is my favorite day to buy lunch because it's such yummy food. Yuuummmm!

Today, being Tuesday in all, we did do something very exciting in my opinion.In my Theology class, we started reading my favorite, Tuesdays with Morrie, by Mitch Albom.
This will be my fifth time to read the book, though it will be the first time I actually have to read it for academic purposes. Basically, it's the true story of Morrie Schwartz's last months, as he was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease), and how he spent them with his former college student, Mitch Albom, teaching his last class on how to live. If you have not read this book, I highly recommend it, as it truly does give great insight on how to really get the most out of living life, with aphorisms from Morrie. I've listed some of my favorites below my favorite picture of Morrie, the dancing man he loved to be.
    “Death ends a life, not a relationship.”

   Once you know how to die, you know how to live.”

     “Love wins. Love always wins.”

“Invest in the human family. Invest in people.

"It's not too late to develop new friendships or reconnect with people.”

No comments: