Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday!

I would like to wish a happy belated birthday to my mom, whose birthday was yesterday and a happy birthday to Call me Coral! One year baby!
I've been getting some questions about how I did the banner for the blog, and since it's been a full year in running for my blog, it's probably time I released the secret...
I started with some scrapbook paper and a stack of magazines. I found multiple versions of the letters I needed in the magazines and laid out the best possible version. I wanted it to look home made like all of my DIY craft ideas so, I used tape instead of mounting squares. I laid out some solid scrapbook paper to mount my letters on and put all of it on the patterned paper with the polka-dots. Once I had everything taped down I added my own writing that reads "Life style Blog" and the flowers.
As for getting it on the computer, I was going to just take a picture of my creation and upload it as my banner.

Looks a little different from the current banner right? When I uploaded it to be the banner, it looked to dark and it was due to poor lighting and shadows. I suppose I could have edited it in Picassa and it would have looked better, but instead I put my paper in the scanner and scanned it to my computer. When I uploaded that image I knew it was just right.
Happy Birthday, Call me Coral! Keep on coral-izing your life!

No comments: