Monday, August 22, 2011

Senior Year..."The Last Time..."

Senior year is really the last time for everything (until you go to college...) such as the last first day, or my last year to be an ambassador. As an ambassador, we are assigned two freshman who we are supposed to guide and make them feel welcomed throughout the year. I always make my freshman a little goodie box with their name and some candy, and it's officially my last time to do that.
Everything I needed to make these I got at a craft store. The pink cube things I found at Michaels, but have also found them at Container Store in the past. The bubble letters which are black with white polka dots I also found at Michaels. The flowery stickers that go with the color scheme I found at Hobby Lobby, along with the Hot Pink Easter grass I filled them with for a little extra bounce. Then I fill them with chocolates and starbursts, which I did not find at a craft store, but I assume you can find them on your own. When my freshman are done devouring the candy, they can use them for a pen/pencil holder that they can put on their desk at home, or a change bank (that's what I did, but I'm thinking the desk supply holder sounds a bit cooler). They were a lot of fun to make, and I know freshman love getting them.
Happy Monday!

No comments: