Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Belated Congratulations on your Graduation, Amanda!

So, I have to take a minute to brag about my super smart little sister who just graduated this past weekend! Congratulations! I'm so excited for her to start high school next year-- Amanda, it's some of the most fun times at school you will ever have.
So following tradition, the graduates' parents make a memory board with pictures of their life thus far. Seeing as my parents have very little time and creativeness in the realm of scrapbooking and sorts, my mom employed me to make this memory board.

First, I started with a foam poster board, crazy cut scissors, stencils, and a papercutter.
Then I took a trip to Hobby Lobby to buy mounting squares, decorative paper, Big Letter stickers, little letter stickers and some other decorative stickers.
Big Letter Stickers
Little letter stickers
In terms of paper, I bought four different patterns. First, I picked out the base pattern and picked up four sheets of that. Then using the colors of the base pattern, I selected three different acsent papers (one of each pattern).



Then, when I got home, I started going through pictures. I used probably a little more than 30 pictures total. I kind of picked a couple from the different ages.

Baby Pictures, etc.

 So First I started by cutting the background paper in half and spacing it out in rows on the foam board.
Then I added the name in bubble letters, staggering the letters.
On either side of her name I added a school picture -- one from kindergarten and one from eighth grade and I used some acsent letter to label the grades.

I cut some of the pictures into different shapes like ovals and rectangles with rounded edges. Then I mounted some, using my wonderous mounting squares on some of the acsent paper.


I started laying everything out on the board before I officially mounted it down.
I picked some pictures to be higher than others with my thicker mounting squares.

Some of the pictures I added words to in the acsent letters, and by some I added flowery stickers.


6 feet and 9 inches of mounting tape later (which is a lot considering that each mounting square is a little more than a centimeter in length) I came up with the finished product.

Here's my memory board that I did approximately 3 years before as another example of what one could look like.

Enjoy!

No comments: