Monday, May 16, 2011

Tea Time

After another busy week (I literally stayed after school until at least 5 everyday, some days being more like 9), here we are again. Last Monday, was the Junior Senior Tea, where the juniors girls host the senior ladies and their moms for the last big event between the classes. Junior girls make their senior date a tea cup to remember the event, so I thought I'd show you how I decorated mine.


I started with the tea cup (obviously) and paint pens. You also can use ribbons and other decorative things, just remember it's got to stick to a ceramic cup.
First, I put the event and the year on the tea cup with a little decoration to get me started.
Then, because I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to do the other side of the cup, I did the inner rim with an Irish blessing, "The Lord Bless You and Keep You" because it's the song we sing in choir to send the seniors away with, and since my senior and I are both in choir I thought it had special meaning. 
While I was working on the inside of the cup, I went ahead and put a flower on the bottom for decorative flair. It got some ideas going for the rest of the tea cup.
With the flowery, bubbly theme, I typed in my senior's name in word, changed the font to something fun and curly, and transcribed the words on the screen to the cup.
Finally, I filled in the white areas with little flowers and added a grass edge around the bottom.

Once it all dried, I filled the tea cup with star bursts. On the day of the tea I wrapped it all in tissue paper so it wouldn't break at school, and put it in a cute gift bag. She loved it!
Happy decorating, and now as my year starts to slow (slowly slowing down...) I'll try to give you awesome ideas more often. Happy Monday!

No comments: