Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to everybody, especially all you mothers out there. I had a fantastic day with my mom, going to the doctor's for my sinus problem. :)
I did though, help her make a class example of this cook book her third graders made for their moms.
The kids were assigned to copy a family recipe onto this paper. Then the three third grade teachers put all the recipes together, and had copies made.
The kids got to decorate the covers, which started as blank printer paper. Since Eat, Pray, Love is a pretty popular book right now, the teachers made a little spin on it, calling the cookbooks, Eat, Play, Learn. Here's my title.
Then the kids could decorate them however they thought their mom would like it. I drew a picture of my mom and me. 
After hole punching all the pages and sticking brads in the holes to hold the cook book together, you have a finished product.
Enjoy making good recipes with your mom and this Mother's Day cook book. I'm pretty sure it'll never happen in my house, since my mom rarely cooks, but it's the thought that counts. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: